Dear NewDay Family,
We are excited to be able to hold to face to face Sunday services here at NewDay, albeit a little different. While it’s exciting to return to worshipping together, we have government guidelines and directives to follow.
We are running face to face services at 10am Sunday (restrictions apply) and streaming the services online via Facebook.
Latest COVID Safe Plan (18 Jan) available here
Here is a snapshot our face to face services (last updated 14 Feb):
- NewDay is registered as a COVID Safe business
- Maximum auditorium max capacity of 260 people (2 sqm rule)
- Face masks are recommended (but not mandatory) for those over 12
- COVID Marshalls (the Board) will help ensure safety by monitoring our processes and procedures.
- People considered to be high risk (aged 70+ or health issues) are encouraged not to attend large gatherings
- Anyone who is isolating or exhibiting cold / flu like symptoms are to stay at home and be tested for COVID-19 as per NSW Health advice.
- Before entry, every person will be required to undergo a temperature check at the door, sanitise their hands
- Provide details (name and a contact phone number) for the purposes of contact tracing. Use the Service NSW QR code on entry – we will have someone to help if you need help using the QR code or don’t have a QR code reader.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the entrance
- Physical distancing of 1.5m between people and auditorium seating has been re-arranged. Family groups are welcome to sit together.
- Side doors open for ventilation
- Avoid handshakes and hugs
- Contactless communion and offering means we’re not passing anything along the rows.
- Signage will advise where there are limits will also be set on how many people can be in certain areas
- No tea/coffee available at this stage
We understand that this is church in a different world. It’s going to take some getting used to and we ask for your cooperation and patience as we navigate this return. NewDay Church will continue to adjust these measures in line the with the latest recommendations from the NSW Government and NSW Health.
The safety of our people is our highest concern and providing a safe place to worship is what we are aiming for. If you have questions about face to face services please contact the office on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday during office hours on 02 4226 5022.
We will continue to keep you updated and look forward to welcoming our church family back to face to face services again.
Blessings and peace to you all,