While it’s exciting to return to meeting and worshipping together, we have government guidelines and directives to follow.
We are running face to face services at 10am Sunday (restrictions apply) and streaming the services online via Facebook.
Latest COVID Safe Plan (6 June) available here
Here is a snapshot our face to face services (last updated 6 June):
- NewDay is registered as a COVID Safe business
- Maximum auditorium max capacity 260 people (2 sqm rule).
- Face masks are no longer required but if you feel more comfortable wearing one then you are welcome.
- Singing is back with no face masks required!
- COVID Marshalls (the Board) will help ensure safety by monitoring our processes and procedures.
- People considered to be high risk (aged 70+ or health issues) are encouraged not to attend large gatherings
- Anyone who is isolating or exhibiting cold / flu like symptoms are to stay at home and be tested for COVID-19 as per NSW Health advice.
- Before entry, every person will be required to sanitise their hands and provide details (name and a contact phone number) for the purposes of contact tracing. Use the Service NSW QR code on entry – we will have someone to help if you need help using the QR code or don’t have a QR code reader.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided at the entrance and around the church
- Physical distancing of 1.5m between people and auditorium seating has been re-arranged. Family groups are welcome to sit together.
- Try to avoid those handshakes and hugs
- Contactless communion and offering means we’re not passing anything along the rows.
We understand that this is church in a different world. NewDay Church will continue to adjust these measures in line the with the latest recommendations from the NSW Government and NSW Health.
The safety of our people is our highest concern and providing a safe place to worship is our aim. If you have questions about face to face services please contact the office during office hours on 02 4226 5022.
We will continue to keep you updated and revise our COVID plan every 2 months or when changes are applied.
Blessings and peace to you all,